Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Best Part of My Day (10/14 and 10/15/07)

Originally published elsewhere on the dates indicated

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Today I *finally* sat down and began to edit the short story I wrote 10 years ago and published on my website pen, paper, coffee. They are having a writing contest at Chatham, and I'm suitably motivated to enter. Thanks Ya-Ya's, you've inspired me. This was my favorite part of the day because for a few moments, I found myself actually "in the zone" writing, writing, writing. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Monday, October 15, 2007
Two moments - the first when I was running in the park, I once again found that I could run just a LITTLE bit farther than I could before. Deborah Cox's song "Coulda Been You" in my ears.

The second moment - first thing Monday morning, feeling like crap, starting another crappy week, checking my phone and what do I find? A voicemail from Melissa :) I CRACKED up laughing, and it made my day before it had even begun. Thanks girlfriend!

No comments:

ShareThis