Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Best Part of My Day (10/16/07)

Originally published elsewhere on the date indicated

This favorite part of the day is simple - I had one of those simply horrendous days, one of those days at work where nothing you do is right, and you have not one bloody minute to yourself to even inhale your lunch.

But I come home, let Lois out back to pee, and spend 10 minutes playing ball with her and all is right with the world. The way she greets me at the door with such pure, unbridled happiness is enough to erase everything that has happened up to that point. All I see is her toothy smile, panting, tongue hanging out, excitement in her eyes and her ears perked up because I'm about to throw the ball again. I love her so much. She lives in the moment, always in the present moment. It's a way I'd like to learn. It's a good way to be.

No comments:

ShareThis