Monday, April 14, 2008

The Best Part of My Day (10/6 to 10/8/07)

Originally published elsewhere on the dates indicated

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Another 16-hour Reunion day. I didn't stop from 6am until 11pm. My favorite part of today was when Vivian Lowery Derryck '67, that incredible woman who spoke during Reunion about her work in Africa, told me what a pleasure it had been to meet me, and that I should come to visit her. And to call, because she has too many emails to check. It made me feel special.

Another favorite part was listening to our Cornerstone Award winners speak. Every year we hand out awards to women who have done good in their field of expertise, whether that be law, or environmental science, or international relations. Every woman who spoke was eloquent and actually had substance to their speech. They were inspiring, they had something to say. I was left in awe, and again, left with the feeling that my work is not yet done, that there is more to do. I'm just not sure what.

Sunday, October 7, 2007
My favorite part of today was the nap I took in the afternoon. It was delicious. Sunny day, cool breeze on my face, I slept better, more deeply, than I had during any night for the past MONTH. I woke feeling dizzy, but rested.

Monday, October 8, 2007
Had the day off (thankfully) and took a mid-morning nap. My favorite part of today was when Lois padded in to check on me, putting her chin on the bed and giving me a loving look. I woke up, patted her on the head, and she wagged her tail before going out to her spot to go back to sleep. I loved it. Felt like she was saying, "Are you still here Mommy? You are? Yay! I'll go have some more nap now."

Another great part of the day was snuggling in bed with my honey at the end of the day. Both of us incredibly sexy in our nose strips and me with my bite guard. We talked about our day and our plans for the week before drifting off to sleep. Yep, we're a sexy pair.

No comments:

ShareThis