Monday, May 06, 2013

Grateful 5/6/13.

Tonight the gratitude is hard to find through the worry and anxiety. My girl had surgery today for a salivary mucocele and has to spend the night at the vet. I'm SICK to heart because I want to hold her and hug her and tell her it will all be better soon. She hates the rain and it's raining hard right now and it's dark. Sending my love and light to her with every fiber of my being. And I'm grateful that:

She came through surgery okay. She's old, and I was worried the anesthesia would be hard on her heart. But she's a strong girl. We wouldn't have even done the surgery except it's been bothering her a lot, she's having trouble breathing and sometimes swallowing. If we can get through this, my gut tells me she'll be much better.

I have Lois in my life. She's my best friend, my confidante, the one I tell all my troubles too when the demons come and I doubt myself and my choices and my abilities.

I was able to write today. As emotionally sick as I feel, at least I was able to write.

No comments:

ShareThis