Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gratitude 9/25/12

I'm grateful for music which can lift me when nothing else on Earth can even come close. I let it take me away and for just a moment I surrender and am no longer groundless but am clinging to the notes, and not beating myself up for clinging, just enjoying, laughing, floating, and reveling in the happiness it brings me. Whether it's STAX, Leonard Cohen, Francis Dunnery, bad House Music, '80's New Wave, '70's Soul, '90's Quiet Storm, or any of the other thousands of kinds of notes I let sink in my ears, it's all good. All of it heals. It makes the groundlessness easier.

I'm grateful for another good Lois day, her laughing face giving me kisses, urging me outside, reminding me that there's much to be learned.....outside.

I'm grateful for friends calling from afar, just to say hi and remind me I'm not alone in this unpredictable, crazy atmosphere and existence. We've all got our life to breathe through and even when I feel alone, I'm really not.

I'm grateful for unexpected kindness. You brace yourself for a lashing and instead receive goodness and generosity and kindness. So grateful and so much more valuable because you guessed wrong.

I'm grateful for birdsong. Just that. Trilling, rolling, lilting birdsong. Precious and beautiful. I want to hold onto it for the days in our winter woods when it's completely silent. Too damn silent. For when I long for the song of birds. I take it in and hold it, before letting it float back onto the fall breeze. Surrendering it for someone else's ears to cherish.

No comments:

ShareThis